13 February, 2011

The weekend project

This weekend I found a steal. I'm all about good deals on things and I think I may have just taken the cake...if I do say so myself.

I met my friend Julie and her new fiance in Vacaville for a quick cup of coffee and a bite to eat. After we parted ways, I noticed that a Home Goods store was in the same complex that our Panera had been. While in the area, I couldn't resist. I traipsed through the store and happened upon the clearance section of the furniture. I happened upon a great beauty of a nightstand. It had a marble top that was broken and the tag read "As Is $15." Mind you, the original price was $199.

HOLY GOOD DEAL!

I tried to see if this marble top was removable...and it was! So, I took that marble piece off and thought I could find something to put in it's place or just spray paint the whole thing.

I went to Michael's and got some slate grey paint, taped up the hardware, and went to town. I think I need to get some sand paper to make the edges look more worn.It has a little bit of a worn look, which is uber fab.

I got my oil changed during this whole trip and my steal of a deal was in the back seat. A couple of the technicians asked how I got such a good deal and I got to tell my little story. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment