11 January, 2010

Adventuring

Definition of Adventuring (freedictionary.com):
ad·ven·ture (d-vnchr)
n.
1. a. An undertaking or enterprise of a hazardous nature.
b. An undertaking of a questionable nature, especially one involving intervention in another state's affairs.
2. An unusual or exciting experience: an adventure in dining.
3. Participation in hazardous or exciting experiences: the love of adventure.
4. A financial speculation or business venture.
v. ad·ven·tured, ad·ven·tur·ing, ad·ven·tures
v.tr.
1. To venture upon; undertake or try.
2. To expose to danger or risk; hazard.
v.intr.
1. To take a risk; dare.
2. To proceed despite risks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Isn't that a grand definition? The "participation of HAZARDOUS..." just jumps off the page. I wouldn't necessarily say that I participated in something hazardous this weekend but it was pretty close (insert sarcasm).

ICE S K A T I N G

Saturday was the first lovely day that Colorado has had in quite a while. Colorado has been hit with subzero temperatures for the past week. It was also a day that I was free to enjoy the sunshine and not watch it's slow progression across the sky whilst sitting at a desk. Evergreen, CO was a great place to jaunt for a half day. A couple darling friends (my sister included) went to whole foods for a latte (very green don't you think?) and then drove the 40 minute drive to the mountains. The sun was warm, no wind cut across the lake, and a sweater was all that was needed. It was a great combination.

Let's circle back to Hazardous. My falls. I used to be a "pro" skater in my mind. Mimicking the likes of Michelle Kwan, Oksana Baiul, and Kristy Yamaguchi. In my head, I was a so graceful and talented that Brian Boitano and I could do an improv Olympic ice skate and come away with all 10's AND a gold medal. Not so much now.

I have a large bruise on my hips thanks to my imagination being a little too over zealous. My once flexible body has been replaced with more stubborn muscles. What made it better was having good friends to get car sick with and have a lovely time.


Oh well, sometimes its good to be a little hazardous.
Photo credit: meaus.com/about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment