26 January, 2010
Have you ever ventured to a place unfamiliar, unknown, and a little scary? That is where I am right now. At a crossroads. It might be unseen by those around me but it consists of a lot of choices. Good? Bad? Frightening? Fun? All are unknown. The scariest part is just embracing it.
As Robert Frost says in his poem "The Road Not Taken,"
...And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
I want to take the road less traveled by, but how do I know?
In this cloud of questions, I am reminded of what I do know and am truly grateful for:
1. Friends are the root of life
2. Coffee makes everything better
3. Little kids with lisps make me smile
4. Good conversation can be humbling and fabulous...all enveloped in one
5. Green pretty much goes with everything (at least in my book)
6. Buffalo Exchange is where it's at
7. I have made some mistakes but am so much better for it
8. A little blonde dog has changed my life.
Photo Credit: Markz.mystarband.net
With love from Amna at 3:44 PM